In 2015, the Laney Graduate School will conduct two ceremonies: one for master's graduates, and one for doctoral graduates. Specific details and guidelines for LGS ceremonies will be posted at right in Spring 2015.
Continue reading for information about:
- Emory University Commencement Ceremony (Monday, May 11, 2015)
- LGS Ceremony for Master's Graduates (Sunday, May 10, 2015)
- LGS Ceremony for PhD Graduates (Monday, May 11, 2015)
- LGS Graduation Reception for All Degree Recipients (Sunday, May 10, 2015)
- Graduation Regalia
Emory University Commencement Ceremony
- Emory's Commencement takes place each year at the end of spring semester. In 2015, Commencement ceremony will take place on May 11 in the Emory Quadrangle. The exact time will be posted here soon.
- All students who received a degree, master's or doctoral, during the previous summer, fall or spring semester are eligible to participate.
LGS Ceremony for Master's Graduates
- Sunday, May 10, 2015
- Emory Conference Center Hotel (Starvine Ballroom)
- At this ceremony, students will receive their diploma covers. Enclosed will be a letter instructing students to pick up their diplomas on Monday, May 11 in the Laney Graduate School.
Students, families and guests are invited to attend the LGS Graduation Reception immediately following the Master's ceremony (details below). Additionally, students and guests are also invited to attend the Emory University Commencement ceremony on May 11.
LGS Ceremony for PhD Graduates
- Monday, May 11, 2015
- Emory Schwartz Center
- At the ceremony for doctoral students, graduates are presented their diplomas and "hooded" (the Dean and the graduate's advisor place the doctoral hood on the graduate).
Students and guests are invited to attend the LGS Graduation Reception, which will take place this year on Sunday, May 10. Details below.
LGS Graduation Reception for All Degree Recipients
All degree recipients - Master's and PhD - are invited to attend this reception along with their families and guests.
- Sunday, May 10, 2015
- Emory Conference Center Hotel (Lullwater Ballroom)
To order caps and gowns, contact the bookstore at 404-727-6221, or attend the Grad Fair:
- February 25 and 26, 2015
- 10:00am - 5:00pm, both days
- Emory Barnes & Noble (Oxford Road).
Information about, and instructions for, the ceremonies are in the documents posted to the right. You will also find more more information on the Emory University commencement page.